Saturday, December 31, 2005

I'm not a bartender!

Okay, so Helen tells me she wants a strawberry daquiri. Virgin of course.

We get the mix, we get the ice.

Easy enough....

Yesterday, she asks me to make them. Sure. Well, I blend up some frozen strawberries, throw in some ice, add some daquiri mix, things are going great. Well, the ice wasn't getting blended fast enough for me, so I decided to take my spoon, my metal spoon mind you and gently push the ice towards it's sharp rotating metallic doom.

Bad idea.

Now, in my defense, it's hard to judge exactly where the blades are when you're working with a bright red slushy mixture. It can happen to anyone. Anyone of you! If you're not careful.

I, was not careful and stuck my spoon just deep enough to hit the blades.

I froze, the spoon shot from my hand and the daquiri took flight.

All of this, in front of my dear wife, Helen. Who, once she recovered of the shock of hearing metal on metal, seeing a spoon ricochet off the blender and feel strawberry daquiri splatter against her, started laughing.

As for myself, I was covered in daquiri, tasty, sweet daquiri. Which when worn, is very cold.

To end the tale, Helen handed me a new spoon, wooden, helped clean up and proceed to make fun of me.

I love you Helen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you too Mike.

But you made it so easy for me to poke fun. I mean you were covered in a pink slushy mixture. That was pretty funny.

Oh... and you get to clean it off the ceiling. :-)

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home