Monday, October 16, 2006

Okay... now I'm done.

My co-worker left early so I can talk smack about her now.

Some of you might remember one of my first posts "The Whistler" from December 2005. Well, I'm going to add another to my list of work place annoyances.

The Whiner.

The fact that this too begins with a "W" is pure coincedence.

When I first started at iArchives, I worked with a cool, laid back filmography student. We had similar intrests, music, poker, movies. And we were guys so... farting, burping and the like were acceptable. Now, there were limits but if it happened occasionally... whatever.

Well, his class load exploded as he went from 6 credits to 16 and had to quit to focus on school. So they hired a new person. And it's a woman. No problem, I can deal with that. Farting, burping and any other disgusting traits have ceased, which has made work more enjoyable in that aspect. But... she's a whiner.

What might she whine about? Oh... everything... but mostly, it's work. Anytime she has to do something or things aren't as easy as she'd like them to be... here comes the whine.

And it's the same thing, every day.

You can pretty much bet that if she's talking, she's whining.

Not to mention that she has ZERO common sense. She'll do things (usually incorrectly) then ask me if that was the right way to do it?

No!

How about asking me before you mess things up?!

Of course at first I was helpful. I wanted to show her the ropes but now. I only watch for huge, gigantic, monumental, diasterous mistakes (they happen weekly). Otherwise I'd never get any work done.

So at work now, I hardly talk. I do homework, read, occasionally play poker and if she has issues, email our boss. He'll tell you how to fix it. And he's tired of cleaning up after her.

Now, don't misunderstand me. I don't hate her, I'd just appreciate it, if she'd stop whining and screwing up.

But I'm sure none of you have ever been in this situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home